Monday 20 December 2010

Medical tests part 2!

Sorry my update is late folks but what with snow, medical trial and night shifts its been pretty hectic.

So the testing continued, as the days went on the testing became easier but on days 6-7 my ECG showed up a heart irregularity, it was called a Physilogical Artiria Rhythm ( i think that was how it was spelt LOL) now what that means i have no idea, i did look it up but found nothing solid and the nurse when taking my blood test did say "Do you have life insurance?" WHAT? So hang on, i've gone from 100% fit to choosing which wood i want my coffin made out of haha

While i was having my test i had 4 different nurses taking my blood samples, as i said previous on the odd day i had to have 12 needles and i always stuck to the same arm but some nurses were a bit easier going on my old veins than others, especially first thing in morning, you've had a good nights sleep, your feeling good that, JAB the needle feels like its rooting for bone marrow LOL but i have to say its only on the rare occasion.

This time also i didn't have to collect my pee every time i went, i would forget sometimes even though i had a plastic gallon bottle with me, i'd go in to a cubicle, place bottle on top of toilet and forget about it, DOH!

The food as ever was lovely, i think my favourite this times was sweet and sour chicken and favourite dessert was a lemon pie type thing with lemon cream mmmmmm.

Didn't sleep that much while i was in there but felt good after just 3-4 hours sleep, i was in the shower by 5.30am most mornings which is great as i knew there would be hot water there and no, dare i say it, pubes in the shower tray as i was the first to use it. Nothing worse than using communual showers, so there are plus points to not sleeping much.

In all as always Simbec is always a pleasure to go to, in fact i love it in there, all the staff like the security, nurses, doctors, reception girls, office staff, chefs and cleaners really are nice geunuine people who you can have a good laugh with even though i'm being tested, poked, pulled and proded all day it doesn't bother me at all, if they did holidays there i'd book in for a fortnight all inclusive hehe!

So thats it for another year of my medical tests, still waiting on my post medical results to come back to hear if the heart irregularity and samples are ok but i think it will be, i feel ok just ache a bit but then again that comes with old age LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment