Sunday 20 May 2012

Sun, sea and shattered lol!

Well another week over and another great 7 days. The weather went a bit dodgy on Tues, Wed and Thur but its all back on track now but the night temps have dropped from the past couple of weeks so got both my outdoor heaters on full blast which is helping alot, no more loud chattering of teeth or jackets needed here haha.

Went to the pool for the first time today and boy was the water cold, all i needed was an Argentinian there to smack me in the face with a door to fall in to the water and it would have been like Winter Wipeout again. My muscles were in such a state of shock when i got out it made me look quite trim and ripped, shame the sun thawed me out LOL.

The Oceanic Rock Legend T-shirts are selling so well i can't believe it, up till today i've sold 20 in 11 days, the best sellers so far are The Beatles-John Lennon and Joy Division-Ian Curtis. Glad my customers like them, hopefully the trend will continue as my t-shirt printer Spiros is a very happy man at the moment. Ive added another design to the list, this is thanks to Ian or as most of us know him "splat" (ref May blog 2011)


So what can i say about my second week. Loving it, Loving it, Loving it. couldn't of asked for any more than i have had. Even with the odd bit of rain i've been having good nights. Look at all the happy cosy customers in the warm and dry.



The day after the rain they were so happy that they were waving and shouting as i took this pic, sorry about the blurred picture but a quad bike was just about to run me over as i was taking it, maybe thats why they were waving and shouting LOL, everybody chatting and having a laugh, theres no better sound than people in conversation and enjoying other peoples company.



The world famous actor Leighton Kyle is staying with me at the moment and brought the sacred CHAMBORD, my apartment is trashed with take away cartons but i am now going to stop with the late night fast food, Leighton can carry on but i'm going to make my body a temple, healthy only from now on, he's a bad food influence LOL.

Did i tell you i shaved my head before the season started. Well what little hair i had is back now but when i shaved it off it looked really good UNTIL i put my dark rimmed glasses on, and there staring back at me from the mirror was Harry Hill, NNNNNOOOOOOOOO! Even when i was walking down Alexander Roma i could see this reflection of a person in the shop windows and i'd turn to see who was next to me and it was me, i didn't even recognise myself LOL. Someone did comment that i looked like Heston Blumenthal but as you all know he is my arch enemy and nemesis haha.

On to the subject of food and this has to be the biggest rip off ever from Zakynthos town, i bought a small Calzone (folded pizza) it looked good, felt heavy and full, that was until i cut in to it at home and in the middle was this vast emptiness, the space was so big Bin Laden could have hidden in there for years and no one would have found him LOL.


I am expecting things to go quiet in the bar once the holiday prices start going up but its a real gamble this season, one night you could be packed out, the next empty. But i'm thankful for whatever the night brings.

Rumour is going around that Oceanic was broken in to, this is not true. Why the hell would anyone want to break in to my bar, i got bugger all worth stealing, the burglar if he broke in to my place would most probably think "The poor sod, lets leave him a TV" LOL

So heres to hopefully another good week but i'll take whatever it brings, so until next week, some shower gels smell so good you could eat it, DON'T, it tastes awful.