Sunday 10 June 2012

Eddies got a girlfriend, Eddies got a girlfriend!

Good afternoon folks, well its afternoon as I'm writing this but it maybe night time or morning when your actually reading it so whatever time it is good day to you and welcome to another update of my ramblings for the week that's past.

Its been a wonderful week with more wonderful new customers and also repeat offenders. Within the last few days the temp has gone through the roof, hot at nights and even hotter by day and it all turned around within 2 days, crazy eh! Whats that you say, Rain, high winds and storms in the UK, you poor things. My bike "Aggy" in the UK was blown over 3 times this week so Helen has now moved her to a sheltered home for battered motorbikes, she needs some care and attention when i get home, the bike that is not Helen LOL.

Now over the years many of you have met Eddie, Eddie Lizzard my bar pet (OK its not the same one but the largest one is always called Eddie) well Eddie now has a girlfriend ooooooOOOOOHHHH! She's called Lizzy (yes original i know) but don't they make a happy couple, sharing moths and mozzies underneath my light on the wall, perhaps i should change the name of bar to Lizard Lounge.

Awwww, don't they look in love, backs to each other haha.


Helen tells me that the new names for my new cocktail I've come up with are coming in thick and fast, that's good. Now just because its green its doesn't mean it has to have something to do with green in the rock song title, it just needs a rock song title that suits it. So keep them coming and Helen will give me all the names without telling me who suggested them and i will pick the best, that way there is no favouritism but Helen will then tell me who has won the free cocktail of their choice, sod that, lets make it 3 free cocktails of their choice I'm in a good mood (Rock Legend and Electric Ice Tea not included LOL).

The world famous actor nephew of mine Leighton Kyle now has a job, well done sir i salute you, now i just need to get rid of his body indentation out of my sofa.

So it was the queens big 4 day celebration for sitting on her ass, waving alot, having lots of holidays all over the world and owning lots of huge homes all over the UK without paying any mortgages. So just for the special occasion i decorated the bar.



What you mean you can't see any decorations. Oh Yeah, that's right, i don't really care LOL She's never helped me to do anything so don't see why i should thank her. I mean, when my bar flooded did she help to mop up? NO! When i was snowed under with dirty glasses did she help out? NO! When i needed someone to hold the ladder as i painted bar did she offer assistance? NO! So tell me why i should thank her with bunting and union jacks. But she did manage to pop by just to say hello when all the work was finished.

Queeny, always late for work but never late for a freebie LOL


There were even people walking around Kalamaki with union jack waistcoats on and 2 ladies had those silly bobbly head things on, something like deeley boppers from the 80's, please, give me a break.

Bar is still going well and had an amazing group of Irish in, started off as just 2, the next time 12, then 16 and by the end of the holiday i think it was about 25 of them, they were the most friendly and polite Irish folk i have ever had in my bar, apart from Irish Joe that is. Not one Feking was uttered by any of them. Did they love their cocktails or what? They even asked me to open an Oceanic in Dublin LOL. Now that is a good idea. I do have a few contacts in Dublin, watch this space. Joe has taken a picture of them in the bar which i will add to my blog when i get it from him.

The resort is starting to pick up this week but that's because its half term i believe in the UK so it may drop off again next week.

Not done much else to be honest as I've just been busy with the bar so not been able to get out and about.

Got some new pencil artwork of rock stars donated by Paul Hockey from Blue Dragon Tattoo as i asked him for 6 drawings and they are amazing. Paul really does have talent. I'm building him a website at the moment so people can contact him if they want any drawings done of themselves, their children or anything really. I will add his drawings next week and hopefully finished his website by then for you all to take a look at. Just need to find 6 picture frames all the same now to put them up in bar, that's a difficult thing on this island LOL

The cult movie paintings Alan donated to the bar are now on his website for you to see, or if you want to order any from him just visit his website and state your from oceanic and Alan has said he will give discount to my customers which i thought was very kind of him.

http://blog.invisibleincdesign.com/

On Greek tv last week there was a poltical debate, have a look. Wouldn't Prime Ministers question time be alot more exciting if it was like this LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjVsaEUM2Ws

Well i think that's about it for now folks till next week, so all that's left for me to say is, please remember to switch off and unplugged all appliances at night, accept the fridge or freezer of course.