Thursday 21 March 2013

I'm devastated!!!!

My dear readers it is with heavy heart and sad news that i bring to you today the end of Girls Aloud. Hang on, what am i saying, YEEEHAAAA! EVERYBODY PARTY! That's one idea to scratch of my Bucket List "Make girls aloud split up", TICK! Now i have 6 more left:-

1/ Get TOWIE axed
2/ Make 1 Direction self implode.
3/ Get Jeremy Kyle arrested for public bullying on TV
4/ Get Jeremy Kyle's guests tested for traces of brain
5/ Get Alan Partridge Knighted
6/ Become Pope

I got a good chance of 5 out of the 6 but think trying to find traces of brain in a Jeremy Kyle guest is a long shot.

Well I'm keeping an eye on websites for the island and its all looking good for tourism so far with the amount of people researching things for holidays to Zante, seen a few things that make me think things aren't going so good for people on the island. I'm sure they'll get better once it gets closer to the season. Winter on Zakynthos seems like an age so everyone will be glad when the tourists start arriving. Also had some messages from people that tell me of what businesses are closed this season around the resorts but until i see it for myself then i take it with a pinch of salt.

Helen and I went to Llanelli for a couple of hours to have a look round the town centre, it took just 1 hour, talk about Polish city, even the signs outside shops were in Polish not even English let alone in Welsh. We decided before we left to have a coffee in the market and Helen fancied a piece of toast so she ordered a slice. Now when you see this slice you may mistaken it for a pie but look closely it is toast but its the thickest piece of toast i have ever seen, it must have been 1 1/2 inches thick. Even me with my big gob struggled to take a bite.



So whats been going on this week in the world.

The Budget, well it doesn't actually bother me as i lead a simple life but 1p off a pint, OH MY GOD, lets go out to the pub buy 300 pints then the 301st would have paid for itself  LOL.

Comic Relief, sorry i mean Comic Good Grief. It was terrible as always, great that they raised 75 million but do we really need the studio bit? I'd prefer just a load of sketches then a message at the end of each one.  Highlights:- Rowan Atkinson's Archbishop speeches, brilliant and David Brent's Equality Street Video. Low lights:- Everything else, absolute dross.




 

Of course there was the little matter of Wales beating England, COME ON YOU WALES!

For the rock fans who read my blog Dave Grohl Nearly threw out Lee Ryan from Blue (Who?) for being to drunk at his after show party for Sound City Players. Dave Grohl said "There was this English singer who was with us who was completely wasted. We almost had to throw him out. Have you heard of this band, Blue? The guy kept telling us how many million records he’s sold. I was like, ‘Really? You?” Love it, great sarcastic put down.

On ITV there was the programme "Our Queen" which was a behind closed doors look at what the Queens life is like. After having to sit through 2 hours of this boring rubbish they didn't tell me anything i didn't know already apart from she sits with David Cameron alone and looks bored as he talks. She parties allot, she gets expensive dresses made for her, she travels allot, she's got way to many homes, her Jubilee was a washout and she jumps from helicopters. I knew all that already so it didn't need 2 hours.

A lottery winner has lost all his money and is now broke. After watching him on TV i can see why, he got his uni band back together and tried to become famous. Idiot. Just be happy with the money you got i say. Large house = Large costs, Flash cars = Large costs, Freeloading mates = Large costs. I see the lottery advisers did a good job with him then LOL

Beyonce is the new face of H & M clothes. Bet she won't wear them outside of the photo shoot.

And sadly James Herbert the writer of The Rats and The Fog has died. The Rats was the first book i ever bought and scared the Bjesus out of me. Really great author.

Its video time again my jolly readers. This week I've been trying to find an advert from my youth. From the 70's. My sisters used to have a little blue carry case that when you lifted the lid it was a record player. The lid would come off and that was the speaker. You plug the lid speaker it in to the base and away you go, it was battery operated.  Like this but light blue.


The advert was of some friends using it sat on a fun fair ride as its going round using the portable record player playing 7 inch vinyl. It was so funny thinking back on it. Imagine carrying the case plus then another case for your favourite records, you'd need a whole army of people to carry the records that an MP3 can hold. So I've searched and searched but can't find that advert anywhere but i found this which is about the same. They call it a portable player LOL Imaging keeping that in you top pocket. It reminds me of a Transformer - suitcase in to Record player.


Now its music time. Last week it was from The Sweet as its the first vinyl i ever played. This week is a bit more up to date. After watching Peter Kay's awful sit down for comic relief i saw the video which included James singer Tim Booth singing of course "Sit Down". James are mostly known for this song but the songs in later years were far better and people seem to only remember Sit Down which i think is pretty rubbish. So to show you what your missing here is my favourite James songs. Enjoy.


And this one is my song of the moment on my MP3


And i couldn't leave you without a funny/weird blast from the past. This video is from 1981 and as I've said in a previous post i love obscure one hit wonders and this is no exception. They started off as a UK punk band in the 70's but made it big (well with this one hit) in 81 and got to the dizzy heights of No.5. They did release others but the only other chart record was "My name is Norman Bates" (yes from Psycho) it reached No.40, that truly was an awful song LOL Enjoy.


So that's it for another week. Its so good to remember all these songs, programmes and adverts from my past, i need to keep my brain jogging my memories as the memories of last week fail me LOL

Serve All, Love All, Peace All. Kevlar Out.

1 comment:

  1. Another good blog to cheer us up as we battle with the snow! Summer and a visit or three to sample beverages at Oceanic seems a long way away.

    ReplyDelete