Thursday 11 April 2013

UK, countdown has begun, 14 days and counting!

Well, haven't we had some nice warm sunny days this past week. Oh the joy of sun on my face as I'm out on my bike. It's been so nice to get out and about, sitting outside coffee shops enjoying my Caramel Latte and reading the daily papers. while i was walking around Carmarthen centre I passed a house with a sign on it. I had to walk back and read it again just in case I was seeing things and this is the sign.
 

The sign says "NO VISITORS! If you want to come over CALL!" Isn't that just a great sign to put on your front door. I would love that sign LOL.

We're on countdown folks, 14 days today and we'll be on our way to Gatwick. Usually i'm all of a panic about getting the bar ready but this year its nice and easy, a good scrub, a lick of paint and it's ready for the season. I've got a new sign, new lighting, new rock memorabilia, new cocktails and new coverings for sofas in June. I've had great support already for this season and that's before I've even opened so I'd like to thank in advance everybody old and new who have said they will be visiting Oceanic this season and if the responses are anything to go by this could be my best season yet.
Who would have believed it, 13 years on Zakynthos and now my 7th year with Oceanic. Considering so many people said it would fail, wanted it to fail and worked against me I'm still here and Oceanic gets stronger every season. Not bad for a bar that has nothing apart from music, drinks, comfortable surroundings and great customers.

There has been a big sandstorm on the island in case you didn't know and my landlord sent me this picture to my mobile:-


Looking at that I think I better buy a bucket and spade to clear up the bar and my house. Bugger, just remembered the windows of the house were left chained open all winter, god damn it, there's nothing worse than sand in your bed lol

Been in contact with friends from the island and it seems everything is looking good at the moment and no new big laws or taxes I have to pay out when I arrive back, PHEW! It is good not having staff, it saves a hell of a lot of paperwork and worry and of course wages. I may call in my world watched actor nephew Leighton Kyle to work if it gets busier than last year but he works for beer so its a win win situation for me ha ha.

So lets look at what's caught my eye on the net, TV and in the news:-

Maggie Thatcher has died. Hours and pages of news dedicated to her, parliament called back from holidays to pay respect, her death is covered world wide by the media, almost a state funeral for her burial. One paper said "When she died her friends were with her".
Isn't it funny that we've seen more TV air time and tabloid pages of Katie Price (Jordan) than Maggie Thatcher between when Maggie left No.10 until she died but now she's dead its 5 pages every day since. Its cost a fortune to call parliament back to Westminster to pay respect, I'm sure most MP's use twitter now, that's much cheaper. She is so well known in some countries, one country showed a picture of the Queen saying Maggie was dead and another country used a picture of Meryl Streep LOL. Thousands lost their jobs and family life due to Maggie and now they are paying for here funeral. "When she died her friends were with her", didn't she die in The Ritz? So that's the chamber maid, room service waiter and Aleksy the polish window cleaner. She won't be missed in this household.

North Korea are planning to launch a missile test on South Korea.
Dear Kim Jong-un, Please wait till I'm on Zakynthos before you start a war, should be safe there.

Food Glorious Food and Great British Sewing Bee. What do these two talent shows have in common?
They're crap. Come on, is someone playing a prank? Really? TV producers are coming up with x factor style shows for everything that's typically British. So I've got a few ideas for them:-

Queue Britain - this is to find who is the most patient person in Britain who can queue without fidgeting, tutting, shaking their head, sighing loudly or looking at their watch or shoes.

Strictly Opinionated - this is a show where an expert in their field goes face to face with someone who hasn't got a clue but the clueless person still thinks their right.

Moan if your British - This is to find which person can moan about absolutely anything and just moan for the sake of making conversation.

Knit for Britain - this is a hobby talent show, Starts off with auditions of who can knit mittens the quickest, we then move on to Scarf knitting boot camp where best patterns go through without a drop stitch, Live elimination rounds Cardigan Carnage and the big finale the one on one Knitted Sofa Throw. I can feel the excitement and tension already.

I think these are viewer rating winners LOL

I was watching TV the other night about 11pm and a add break came on and I'm not lying now if god should strike me down as I type this, these were the adverts in this order:-

Vagisil - For feminine itching
Dulcolax - for constipation
Dentu Grip - For dentures
NHS Choices - For erectile dysfunction and bladder problems
Grecian 2000 - For men's grey hair

DEAR LORD, give me a gun now. Talk about making us mature watchers feel great about ourselves LOL

There is a new film coming out in September called "Rush" about the rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda. I met James Hunt when I was little boy and was in awe of him, I sat on his lap while he signed my Marlborough baseball cap. Keep an eye out for this film it looks amazing and Chris Hemsworth who plays James Hunt looks so much like him.


The news mainly has been Maggie and those evil horrible Philpotts so not much there to have fun with, fingers crossed this week will be a bit more uplifting.

"Its video time with video Kev, video Kev, video Kev, its video time with video Kev so lets all take a look".
That's the new theme song to my show, if I was to have a video clips show LOL

Going back to my school days again with another lunchtime kids show. This time its Mr. Benn. This was a guy who wore a suit and bowler hat so I'm guessing he was a executive. He would visit a fancy dress shop that was owned by a gent who wore a Tommy Cooper Fez hat (don't know why as he was British). Mr. Benn would try on a fancy dress outfit and step through a back door (heard about places like this). He would then have an adventure and return with a memento from his journey. My question is how did Mr.Benn get so much time off from his high executive job to visit this shop? For years there has been talk of a real person movie being made of it but nothing yet.


Its now time for one hit wonder awareness video. This comes from a band that when they released their first song I thought it was brilliant but this song is the only one that ever charted. This is the Lotus Eaters  with "The first picture of you", its got a nice summer feel to it.


Now this song is up there with one of my all time greats. It has amazing lyrics, great music and lots of power, Still even now when I hear it the hair stands up on the back of my neck especially when the choir sound kicks in towards the end. My world watched actor nephew Leighton Kyle had the chance for his band to support them when they toured Cardiff and they turned it down. He now kicks himself at what he did and I can't believe he chose not to support them. Leighton Kyle is now looking for work LOL. So here is Spear of Destiny with "Never take me alive".


The reason why I like to show these videos, show you my vast knowledge of music and useless information is so that some of you may say "God yeah I remember that, I haven't heard that for years". Whenever I hear a song that I haven't heard in ages it gives me a warm glow and takes me back to that time, some are bad times but 90% are good times, fun times and it jogs my memory so that's what I try to do in showing these on my blog.

Is it that time already folks, well for another week that's my update done. Really looking forward to seeing you all again this season, winter is a very long time of grey, dull, boringness LOL

Serve All, Love All, Peace All, Kevlar Out.













No comments:

Post a Comment