Thursday 1 August 2013

Here comes the heat, GOOD GOD, thats all we need!

Well hello and welcome to another rip roaring, thrilling, roller coaster of an update.
 
July is over, HOORAY. Now we have August, BOOOooooo! Now in saying that July ended up not being to bad at the beginning and was very happy with the end, the middle was a bit hit and miss but overall very good. Now the dreaded August, temps sky high, bar usually quiet during early opening hours and its just all round a horrid month and has been every season past but we take each day as it comes.
 
While I was out and about I went to have a look how the first bar I ever drank in on the island was doing and its closed. I stayed in Tsilivi in 2000 for 6 weeks and used to drink in a bar that was then called "Tizzy's". It was only a little bar but cosy and friendly. I see from the sign someone else must have taken it over at some point and called it "Rondavue", now the spelling for "to meet" is "Rendezvous" so I'm guessing it was 2 guys named Ron and Dave that had it by the name or the owners just couldn't spell LOL. Shame to see it empty and in such a mess.
 

 When I passed through Tsilivi I was on my way to one of my fave pools at the hotel Tsamis in Kipseli. I arrived, got my ice tea and a sweet frappe with milk and proceeded to my sun lounger. Now this hotel must have about just 2% British that stay there and what do I see when I look over down to the lower pool, the best looking flag in the world, the Welsh flag. Well, its a towel but with the welsh flag on it. You have to agree it is an impressive flag and I haven't seen one better. Maybe there is one out there somewhere that's better but I haven't seen it, yet.
Also on the point of towels which are flags, what is it with the Brits that seem to be the only nation that has towels with the flags on? All the pools I've ever been to in 13 years I've never, and I mean never seen another nations flag as a towel, just us Brits. It almost seems like "I'm claiming this sunbed for Britain", its about all we have got at the moment LOL.
 
A proud sight indeed.

And here is a holiday pic of me at the Tsamis infinity pool.


Well the amphitheatre in town seems to have something on every night over the past month and I saw this poster. its "The Full Spiros". Its a play about 5 guys who work in the feta industry that have fallen on hard times due to the economic crisis in Greece so the start up a strip act. Ladies this one could be just what your looking for on holiday.


Now I love my food as you all know, so I was very intrigued when I saw a packet of snacks named after a fictional TV character from the 70's/80's who was a rocker/biker from the 50's. Fonzies. What the .....? Does Fonzies mean something different it Greece? Wasn't it strange that Fonzie was a biker/rocker but never had a beer or bourbon, just a soda pop. Also I never saw him eat a flavoured wheat snack just a burger at Al's. OOOooohh, and weren't we all in shock when Fonzie did that motorcycle jump out side Al's and crashed, OH MY GOD HE'S DEAD! No, he's OK, we'll carry on for another 10 years until Fonzie turns off the light at Al's for the very last time.
Anyway, sorry, I was rambling there. These snacks basically are Nik Naks, that's it, nothing new but they did taste rather good, so, put a Fonzie in your mouth, HEY! COOL-A-MONDO!


After my distress signal for Black/White pudding and crumpets I was brought a new supply from Ireland by a lovely lady called Donna. She didn't want money for them either but I couldn't accept them without giving Donna something for her kindness so they had a Lemon Cheesecake and a Banoffee Pie cocktail. Thank you so much your a star.
By the way I ate them all within 2 days of arrival.
Black and white pudding needed. STOP. Also crumpets. STOPS. LOL


In my house I get many little creatures due to my garden being a national park. On this one occasion I had to reach for the fly/ant/mozzie spray. After killing an insect that sort of looked like a small scorpion only with 10 legs each side I noticed the name of the spray "Mr. Fist". I think it may need a bit of a tweak and re-branding.


I think I may have said before that when pulling up to my house I've seen, mice, rats, snakes, cats, dogs, owls and even a huge rabbit but look at this fatty of a lizard. This lizard stays around my nightlight outside and must feed so well. I can only explain the size of him by his stomach being the width of one of those large commemorative coins you could get for the queens jubilee. Fat greedy bugger indeed.


So each update now I will be adding my favourite tavernas that I eat in. I did this last season but thought I would update it for the new followers and for the people who are due out here soon. This first one is called "Amoroza" its off the main Alexander Roma shopping street, near Filion Café close to St. Marcos Square. Best lamb kleftiko I've had since 1995 in Crete. The place isn't much to look at but the food is so good. The owner is Zakynthian but had been in America for 30 years and came back to the island 2 years ago. Try it and try the village sausage, lovely.

 
Well my little followers that's all for this week, I know its a little late but its just been way to hot and I'm absolutely shattered at the moment, roll on the cooler days and nights, and I'm ashamed to say it, maybe a bit of rain, but not much.
 
So until next week folks,
 
Serve All, Love All, Peace All. Kevlar Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment