Friday 23 August 2013

Mmmmmmm, What wonderful memories!

I know, I know, don't shout, I'm late with my update, its not my fault, I've just been shattered and not been in the right frame of mind to write it and I have to write it in the bar before I open but today I'm as fresh as a daisy and ready to give you another thrilling instalment of the welsh idiot abroad blog LOL.
 
Again this week not done much at all as its still stupid hot and can't wait for the temps to drop a bit so I can get back out on my bike and get to the beach and pool, I miss my doggy paddle up and down the pool but at least by the time I get back out to the pool most of the school children will be back in school, who knows what they are doing in the pool EEEeeewwww! I said pool quite a lot in that section didn't I?
 
Been walking the streets of Zakynthos town looking for a car for Helen (Given up now). Everybody who is selling a car is asking for stupid money, way over priced for what the cars are. There isn't a second hand car showroom over here or if there is its a very well kept secret. So what they do is put little "for sale" yellow notices in their car windows with their telephone number on but no price. How stupid is that? How many calls do you think they get, then when they tell the price the person just hangs up.
 
RING-RING, RING-RING (phone ringing)
"Hello"
"You have a car for sale"
"Yes that's right"
"How much?"
"5000 Euro"
Brrrrrrrrrrr! (phone hung up)
 
Imagine getting 10 calls a day like that, it would drive you crazy. Why don't they just add the price to the for sale sign then people who will actually pay that price will be the only ones to call, its simple really when you think about it.
 
Here is a perfect example of a car for sale, but no price shown. Why?
 
 
 
Sometimes you get something that jogs a certain memory in your life, a wonderful memory that makes you feel good. What am I talking about? Well i was talking with a customer about drinks I wish I could get out here like American cream soda and Dandelion and Burdock and that brought memories flooding back of a little place that used to be in Cardiff in an arcade called David Morgans Arcade and in that arcade was a  Sarsaparilla Bar that did those flavours I mentioned along with many others and they were poured out of beer type taps, then you could add ice cream floats. It was an amazing place with sweets in jars behind the counter, it reminded me of the sweet shop in the original version of Charlie and the Chocolate factory. Wish I was there now, loved it. Happy days.
 
 
Now, I don't really like having my pic taken but I will when asked but I am now the third most photographed thing in my bar, my X-ray is second and Dog is first. Dog is also now more famous than me (not that I was ever famous of course), first thing most people say now who have read my blog is "Where's Dog?" Now I will explain again, Dog isn't mine, I've just adopted her for the season, she belongs to an elderly Greek lady 2 doors up from Oceanic but Dog comes in for her chews and to sleep at night. She is a little cutey though and would dognap her if they didn't x-ray your suitcase LOL.
 
The most famous part of Oceanic, Dog!
 


Now I used to think Strada Marina hotel roof top pool was the best place in town, not anymore. That place is now pretty rubbish compared to this new hotel I've found and its right next to our house, cool. It only opened last week and has an amazing infinity pool that looks out over town, Argassi and Skopos, whats the name of the hotel? Do you really think I'm gonna tell yah, NAH! Its my little haven, so you will have to search for it yourself LOL.

Its my pool, all mine , yahahahahahahahahaa! (evil laugh)


I posted a few weeks back about some tribute acts I had on my agency books, well it looks like the Greeks are getting in on the act. "A tribute to The Legends Tour". Is this a rat pack tribute? Il Divo tribute? Westlife tribute? or 4 Michael Bubbles tribute? Ahh, I think its a tribute to 4 Greek singers but I may be wrong.
Oh yeah, talking of Westlife, when did Stephen Gately from Boyzone kick the bucket? I was talking about my t-shirts with a customer and they said "What about Stephen Gately", firstly I told them he definitely isn't a rock legend and then I said "Is he dead?" What planet have I been living on? Just goes to show I live in my own little bubble. What's that you say, the conservatives are running the country with the lib dems, blimey, next you'll be telling me Prince Harry is a Nazi LOL.

A tribute to which legends I don't know.

 
 
As you know I like my pot noodles either by themselves or in bread rolls (its the future, trust me) but I came across some new pot noodles. On the pot it says "Authentic Asia", now I don't know about you but I don't think many Asian people put noodles in a cardboard pot, boil a kettle and add hot water. In fact I think they most probably add some veg and meat of some sort, not just a tiny sprinkle of herbs, sachet of flavouring and 2 tiny tiny shrimps. It only cost me 97 cents but if I'm being honest it didn't taste of shrimp and noodles were so so, in fact the flavouring added was just chili oil and it just killed any taste it may have had. Back to good old proper Pot Noodle for me.
 
It must be authentic it says on the cardboard pot it is LOL
 

Being as they tasted so bad I decided to add another crumpet creation to my menu, this time its toasted hot crumpets with salted lurpack, cold sliced frankfurters topped off with authentic Asian shrimp noodles, not the best of combinations but I think that was down to the crap pot noodle, don't they look like Jeremy Clarkson LOL.

 
 Wifi, wifi, bloody wifi, I don't even have a TV in the bar so why would I have wifi? Its crazy the amount of people that ask for it, JUST TALK TO PEOPLE NEXT TO YOU! LOL. I will never ever have wifi in my bar. Friends of mine who own bars in different resorts have all said its killed the atmosphere in their bar since they had wifi, people just sit on phones and ipads now all night instead of talking with other customers creating an atmosphere. Also their takings have gone down cause people just go in, buy 1 maybe 2 drinks and sit there all night just using the wifi. The problem with that then is if proper drinking customers come in and the bars full with wifi users they're losing out. So no thank you, the other bars can keep their wifi, I'd prefer to be full with drinkers and socializers than wifi users. Nothings that important you need to log on in every business you enter.
 
August is almost over (thank god) but its been a very good month considering I thought it was going to be rubbish, having a really busy full early 2 hours before 10.30pm then just steady after that and most gone by 12,30am, only had 1 bad night 2 nights ago but even then I hit my target so can't complain at all. T-shirt sales are going to blitz last seasons 268 as we have already hit 237 and 2 months to go. Now I have to start to think of new designs for next season.
 
I've been told I must take pics of my cocktails but to be honest with it being busy I haven't got time to take pics of them once made as I need them out to the customers but i'll try this week.
 
Well once again I've run out of steam for this week, don't forget to look for your picture on the website.
 
 
I have been a bit slow adding them but keep checking, if I've taken your photo you will be on there.
 
Till next week my sooper dooper blog followers,
 
Serve All, Love All, Peace All, Kevlar Out!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment