Thursday 12 September 2013

"Its the most wonderful time of the year" September, woohoo!

WHAT TIME IS IT? IT'S UPDATE TIME!
 
What have you all been up to? Anything interesting? How's your week been? You all looking forward to Christmas? "Ding Dong merrily on high, Rudolph the red nosed santa is coming TO TOWN!" Well the song goes something like that anyway.
 
Not been that exciting a week for me outside the bar, still very hot in daytime just been relaxing around the house but I would like to get some sun and pool time in before I head back home but with it still being very busy at night in the bar i'm trying to save any energy I have left for rushing around making drinks. With the season being as manic it has been it is starting to kick in now with the tiredness and aching but still got at least 5 weeks to go, maybe 6 weeks depending on if I stay till the very end or not, after all whatever October brings is a bonus. Bar is still going great guns and Sept is looking real good so far also have now sold 307 t-shirts, Spiro my t-shirt partner is a very happy man. I think I may have upset a few of my regulars by not spending as much time being able to chat with them as I normally do but when the bar is that busy I have to make making customers drinks priority i'm afraid, of course I would love to chat and have a laugh but peoples drinks orders must come first, so all I can do is say a huge big "SORRY".
 
So this weeks al a carte food is brought via the Kevlar cooking school of excellence, so I've put the crumpet creations on the back burner for this week and moved on to pitas, a base for so many Greek dishes so here is my dish to add to the many favourites, its a olive oil covered pita grilled lightly then add slices of cold corned beef and top with Heinz salad cream and eat while pita bread is hot, mmmmmm yummy!
  
Ok it doesn't look that good but who cares, its just shoved in your mouth and gone within minutes so why make it look good ha ha.
 

As I was walking around town just having a wonder, as you do, I came across a Greek car which found the best use for a Scarlets rugby team beach towel, its a sun visor. How in hullaballous name did that towel become a sun visor on a small island in Greece? You see the strangest things on this island LOL


There's a few new café bars opened in town, last week I told you about one of my faves Bliss Art Café re-opening after 2 years closed well here are 2 new ones. The first used to be the old bus station in the centre of Zakynthos town, it looks lovely the also do food not just coffee and drinks. Haven't tried it yet but i'm sure I will before I head back to UK.


The second used to be the site of an old garage/petrol station, I mean very old, they still have the original old hand pump petrol pump outside the building. Again I haven't tried a coffee in here yet but will, I took these pictures on way to accountant so didn't have time to stop off a try them.


As we're on the subject of cafe's I went back to Bliss today for a frappe and decided to try their cheese and deli meat platter, very nice indeed it was to. Only thing I didn't like was the cheese that had blue bits running through it, is that true they run metal wire through it? I must say it did taste of metal and in fact was most probably the most fowl tasting thing I've ever ate and I've ate goats head and lamb testicles LOL. I did take a picture of what I had, or what I did have, I only remembered to take a pic after I had finished it all off, apart from the metal cheese.


Now I have found a favourite biscuit. Its from Lidl, its a butter biscuit covered in chocolate but because Lidl is a bit of a distance from my house I have had to make do with sub standard biscuits, until today. In Spar today I found the exact same biscuit under a Greek brand. Now this is how to eat them, first get a cup of tea, them dip it in as far as you can, when the biscuit is soaked take it out and suck on it, then once you've done that bite it before it goes soft then swallow it whole, mmmmm de-e-e-licious.


Well a short update I know but i'm sure the next one will be a lot bigger as i'm taking a break from my blog for 2 weeks as Helen is here for her final holiday of the season before I head home at the end of the season to my beautiful girl, so looking forward to spending some quality time with her outside of the bar. Sorry went a bit mushy there. I do have a heart you know, well somewhere anyway. Now where did I put it LOL
 
So remember to keep checking for your picture on the website and until 2 weeks time folks I shall say "tatty bye everybody, tatty bye", its is still ok to mention Ken Dodd isn't it? Well you never know these days LOL.
 
Serve All, Love All, Peace All, Kevlar Out!

1 comment:

  1. Your Fav biscuits have you tried Plain choc or the caramel or Orange flavour. Readily available at home. I prefer to nibble the choc off the edges first, delicious.
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete