Thursday 6 February 2014

Breaking News: Sheep learn to float!

Hello, hello, hello, and how the devil are we this fine update. I know its 4 days late but one minute I'm bored stuck in the house doing bugger all watching sheep float past my living room window due to the overly active horrible wet winter weather and the next I have a week full of ups and downs.

So I will try to think of everything in order of how it happened, you see my mind isn't what it used to be these days, in fact I'm sure its getting worse from month to month but lets get the old grey matter working.

Well for the first week after my last update it was basically watching rain from inside the warmth of the house, watching rain on the TV and reading about rain on the Internet.
It is awful seeing all these people flooded out and I feel so sorry for them BUT, they go on TV saying "What are the government doing?"
Now the last time I took any notice of the government they weren't God even though Mr. Cameron thinks he is. The weather is mother nature or if your that way inclined "an act of god", we can't control it, we can't stop it, we don't really know when its going to hit badly, its just forecast. So why are these people asking "What is Mr. Cameron going to do about it?" Hmmm, how about nothing. What's he meant to do? He can't control the weather. You see pictures of pumps pumping water from fields being pumped away in to..... you guessed it, other fields or, this is brilliant, pumping the water in to rivers that are already flooding the fields the water is being pumped out of, it will just flood back in to the fields, DOH!
Many people have bought homes by rivers, surely they had the sense to think "What if the river level rises?" Just look at Paul Daniels the magician, he's been flooded so many times his house may as well be a boat but he still hasn't sold up and moved and do you know why? Cause every time we have heavy rain it floods his house and that's the only time he can get on TV LOL.


 So that was week one after my last update, not very eventful i know. Now then week two had much more going on but as i said a week of highs and lows.

It was a sad farewell to a friend i was in school with throughout my high school years and used to meet up with when he could make it in Cardiff whenever i used to visit the boys on a Friday night out. Jeffrey Preston, the chapel at his funeral was absolutely packed and it was a shame that it took such a sad occasion to meet up with old school friends i hadn't seen for well over 15 years, we will raise a pint to you whenever i am in Cardiff with Tim, Daz and Ian, you will be missed by all.

Monday 27th and its road trip time, well, train trip with my world watched actor nephew Leighton Kyle. We were off to see Depeche Mode in the Birmingham NEC. We booked ourselves in to the Travelodge at Birmingham airport and started off with a few pints in the bar. My great friends Chris and Sandra Scales were also going to the concert and staying in the same hotel, oopsie, this could get messy LOL.
After a few jars and a pizza it was off to watch the gig. Good God, could the NEC be in a more isolated place. No burger vans, no bars, no restaurants, no take aways anywhere near the arena, everything was inside but you pay well over the odds. £4 for a flat pint in a plastic cup, JOG ON! (I don't mean go for a run, jog on means No Chance) Anyway inside we go. The foyer area was really good with lots going on and the decor was good. In to the arena. It was OK in there, been to better but the arena doesn't really matter its all about Depeche Mode. Once again they blew me away. I have been to so many concerts and gigs over 27 years, G N R, Micheal Jackson, Rolling Stones, David Bowie, the list goes on and on but these were still the best and the concert was just as good as the one i went to in Athens but without the huge adventure i had getting there LOL.
Back to the hotel where we met up with Chris and Sandra for a night cap or six. We were talking about games and then got on to Top Trumps where i found out that myself and Leighton had come up with the same idea for a set of Top Trumps but didn't know we were both thinking of the same thing. Keep an out for them, in stores for Christmas 2014, a lovely stocking filler for all LOL.
We had a great time having a laugh and chat till 2am then headed off to crash out before our long journey back.
A big thank you to Chris and Sandra once again. We got on the train and made our way back to wet Wales. Leighton studied all the way back for an exam to get him back in to Uni to do his masters which I'm pleased to say he passed, he can now study to be a master of teaching mime and playing dead, ideal for any actor wanting tutoring of how to get a part in Casualty (the TV show not the hospital area).
We parted at Newport train station and i continued on to Carmarthen.
At Cardiff train station a more mature couple got on and sat opposite me at my table. Once the train set off the lady proceeded to pull a bag up from under the table. I'm sure it was Mary Poppins bag. One after another she pulled Tupperware container after Tupperware container out of this bottomless bag. In total there was 7 containers spread out in front of her and a flask, milk bottle and 2 cups. The containers were:- Bread, Butter, Ham, Cheese, Salad, Tea Bags, Sugar. It looked like i was inside a sales pitch by QVC for Tupperware LOL. She went on to make from scratch a ham, cheese, salad sandwich for herself and her henpecked husband, then made she themselves both a cup of tea from scratch. I had to move my newspaper as she didn't have enough room.
After the cooking show was over she put all the containers back in her bag and went to place it under the table. As she did so she spilt the containers on to the floor under the table. Due to them both being of the more mature years they couldn't gather up the carnage under the table so guess who did? Yeah me but at least they did thank me and offered me a biscuit wrapped in cling film, the thank you was enough ha ha. Please, for anybody who is traveling on public transport like a train or coach, make the tea ready in a flask and make your sandwiches before you leave the house, this will stop any irritation to someone like me and its just much easier.
Talking of more mature people and public transport, i was in Swansea waiting for a bus in to town from my mums and when i got to the bus stop i was the first person there. After 10 Min's there were 6 retired folks waiting along with me. The bus arrived and not one of them said to me "go on dear you were here first", they just all piled on like Monty Pythons Hells Grannies, HOW RUDE! If they had waited i would have said to them "Go on, you go first" but no, they just had no consideration. After all. they are retired, they're in no rush are they. Makes me so angry but i will still allow ladies and more mature people on public transport before me and give up my seat, i will not lower myself to their level LOL.


I have been adding some more dishes to Kevlars Cookery Classes and this week i have made Cockles and Smokey Bacon Lardons with Laverbread on Wholegrain toast and a Ham & Chorizo sausage stew. The first dish is a traditional welsh dish where you fry off the bacon, then add the laverbread (seasweed) and finally stir in the cockles while still on the heat, toast a nice thick slice of freshly backed wholegrain bread and put the fried mixture on top mmmmmmmmmmmm, lovely. The stew is simple, boil off a joint of ham, then shred the ham, add the chorizo and whatever veg you want and bring to boil and simmer with 2 veg stock cubes. I must by now be in line for a TV chef programme, blimey, if Jamie can get one cooking his grannies recipes anyone can LOL.

The traditional welsh dish i made.


Its 6 nations time and the first weekend was an absolutely amazing weekend. Wales beat Italy, yes it was a rubbish game but Wales started slowly last year but if I'm being honest i don't think its our year. France beat England, HOORAY! I do have to say England played amazing to come back but you can never write the French off, i think England thought it was in bag and eased off, silly boys. Ireland beat the pants off Scotland but i don't think Ireland played as well as they could have. For me i reckon its Ireland or Frances 6 nations to lose but we will see. As my favourite detective would say "Just one more thing" Why are England the only team to come out for a second half wearing clean jerseys? Bit wimpish isn't it? "Muuuuum, my tops wet and dirty, I'm cold and wet, can i have another one?" LOL

I'm now keeping myself awake at night with ideas for the bar going over and over in my head. Its the only time i think about it, weird i know but it just springs in to my head. The inside design is sorted but i keep on changing the seating design i want and then other things on the island come in to my head about who i have to see when i arrive and what things i have to take care of. It just goes round and round then my head hurts. Doesn't take much with a brain as small as mine ha ha.

TV is as boring and rubbish as ever but there is one programme that has been a must watch for me. It was first filmed in welsh for S4C called "Hinterland". It was then filmed again in English and i think was shown on BBC1 Wales only which i thought was a bit naughty by the BBC as its better than any of the other rubbish they show on the national BBC channel and 36 other countries have bought it to show but the Beeb won't show it to all the UK. If you like dark thriller detective series then you'll love it. Try to find it online and give it a watch. Really good story lines.

My medical study is still on going but only 2 more visits to go and that's it, all done till next winter but in saying that i am looking forward to going back to Toys R Us next winter as i quite missed it this Christmas as i enjoy the work but i will be back next Christmas so look out toys, I'm coming to get yah!

Well that's everything I've done since my last update. I'm sure I've done more but my grey cells seem to have lost the plot and lost my memory, oh well, what was i saying? Ah yes, that's it and its time for me to make my tea, I'm making Ox Liver and onions with a nice Zinfadel rose wine. Doesn't have the same ring about it as "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti"

So until another fortnights time all that's left to say is

Serve All, Love All, Peace All, Kevlar Out!



No comments:

Post a Comment