Tuesday 24 June 2014

OCEANIC SEASON 8, EPISODE 6 "I declare this island Kevlardom"

Well, well, well, if it isn't blog update time again, this week, with pictures HOORAH!

So not much to say on the bar apart from wow, wow, wow, its looking like another record being broken but still 7 days to go yet so lets wait and see.
 Even though the bar is busy and I'm rushed off my feet its a shame that now British tourists have got hardly anywhere to stay on the old road and have to stay a bit of a walk away from it. A Majority of people who visit the old road actually prefer it once there, they prefer the atmosphere and more laid back approach than the new road but have to stay in accommodation a distance away from it.
As I'm setting up the bar hardly anyone passes with a British accent but hear many different accents as they walk past.
So this got me thinking, i do think quite allot actually but mainly about rubbish like this thought now.
If in the beginning God create Adam & Eve, heaven and earth, plants and animals what language did he choose Adam & Eve to speak? Also the snake was a bit of a scholar himself as he could also talk as he spoke to eve and tempted her with a Cox's Pipin (other varieties of apples are available). Now, if these 3 could talk they must have all spoke the same language. My question is, if Adam & Eve populated the earth. how did all the other languages come about? Surely all the thousands of Adam & Eve's offspring would have spoke the same language or did the snake and Eve decide to come up with another language so they could take the micky out of Adam.

Snake:- "Right Eve, just for a laugh we'll come up with a secret language OK"
Eve;- "That sounds fun, we got nothing else to do apart from sit around and  Jeremy Kyle won't be on for another couple of million years"
Adam:- "Hi guys whats happening?"
Snake:- "Edrychwch arno, yr hyn y idiot" (look at him what an idiot)
Eve:- "A allai Duw wedi gwneud iddo heb fod yn fwy deniadol yn eich barn chi, dipyn o Minger" (God could have made him more attractive don't you think, bit of a minger)
Adam:- "What you saying? you were just talking the same as me until i walked in"
Eve:- "A'i llysiau gŵr bonheddig yn ddim byd llawer i siarad am" (And his gentleman vegetables are nothing much to talk about)
Snake:- "nid ydynt yn curo o leiaf gennych chi rhywun i gael jiggy gyda" (don't knock it at least you got someone to get jiggy with)
Adam:- "You talking about me? Tell me, that's so not fair, I'm going, you wait till Dad here's about this"
Eve:- "pa beth a rydym yn galw yr iaith hon" (What shall we call this language)
Snake:- "beth am Gymraeg, fi yn hoffi bod yn gall i ddweud sssssshhhhh ar y diwedd" (how about welsh, i like that as i can say sssssshhhhh at the end)

That is how the first ever language was formed, well welsh is said to be the oldest language. I was told that by my welsh teacher so it must be true LOL

I now have my new phone so i can now take pics, woohoo. thank god. I Like to share my travels and experiences with you so here in picture form is my first day out and about on my bike but bloody typical it was cloudy and got rained on twice.

Here i am ready to set out on my great adventure


As i made my way over to the West coast i looked across and noticed it was worse over there than the east coast so decided to stay on the east coast.


I came across a talking donkey his name was Bob. He told me he hated having his picture taken. He was tied to a tree so what was he going to do, un-tie himself and beat me up, he hasn't got fingers and thumbs for the knot.


Has the mad axeman struck again? One single Flip Flop, is it the Flip or is it the flop? Or was it the re-enactment group for Monty Pythons "The Life of Brian" where they follow the messiah with just one sandal. "He is the messiah, i should know I've followed a few"


The canal at Alykes/Alykanas. Why don't they do something with this stretch of water like rent out punts or Gondola trips up and down with a free glass of champers. such a waste. Admittedly it ain't Venice.


I came across this Villa development which there are many of around the island but you would be pretty fed up if you had bought one off plan and lost your money. Only buy what you can physically see folks is my advice.


All the metal girders are now rusted and would be no good anymore, don't think these are going to be completed some how.


Here is a lovely little fishing port past Tragaki, no one here just me. Would be a nice place for a little coffee shop with loungers but not even a snack shack here.



I came across this church near Pantes. Bit spooky, it was so quiet and no one around. I did like the peacefulness but resisted going inside. The mad axeman ordeal has got inside my head lol.



Now this little cutey was up near the fortress, chained up, guarding nothing, but someone has been feeding and watering her. Such a shame, i go visit her twice a week with little treats, she gets so excited, bless her.


This is the first restaurant i ate out at in Zakynthos town in 2001. Well its out on the very edge of town half way up the hill as your heading to Tsilivi. At night they have a guy playing a grand piano while your eating. I've had Wild boar and Ostrich fillet here on two occasions.


At last. they are fixing the bridge in to town. The stupid thing is they closed it yesterday for a month. Great timing. Didn't do it in winter when the island is quiet but decide to close it just before high season and when the Greeks and Italians invade the island off the ferries with their cars and motorbikes.


Oh look, a river of pea green soup. The Klangers would be in their elements on the island at the moment.


Smelly river has now become even smellier river with a rancid green topping, just what tourists want to see and smell.


My first harvest of grapes at the house. i think I'll make my own wine and sell it at a stupid price. Well, after all the harvest i have is only enough for one bottle so it would be a unique exclusive one off bottle "Taste of Oceanic". We'll start the bidding at £1 million, any takers? LOL


I'm so excited, Lidl have got curry wurst (curried sausage), curry and sausage, 2 of my favourite things put together, food heaven. Forget your Michelin Star food, this is the real deal.


People seem to still be going crazy about selfies, I've said it before and will say it again THEY ARE YEARS OLD, BEEN AROUND BEFORE MOBILE PHONES WERE EVEN THOUGHT OF. So being as its selfie this and selfie that, here is my collection of last weeks seflies.

Here's me on the way to Alykes, just to the side of me was Bob the Donkey, he didn't look impressed at my effort.


Here is me sat at the coffee shop on the Alykes/Alykanas canal, 2 Min's after taking this it rained, BUGGER!


Here's me sat on the beach near Amoudi, 2 seconds after taking this it rained, BUGGER, DAMN, BLAST!


Here's me at Tsami Hotel near Kipseli, one of my 5 hours of sunbathing since 30th March, it didn't rain HOORAY!


Here's a saucy pic of me in the shower. Showing a bit of ankle ooooOOOOOHHHHHH! Someone said I've got feet like a Hobbit. Really? Hobbits aren't real. Now if you said feet like a Bilboa Baggins then I'd say yes as he is real just like Mr. Tumnus.


Next week i will be giving you a history lesson about the Fortress as i visited there again (5th time) as it was a crappy day but here are a few pics taken at the fortress that have nothing to do with your history lesson.

I believe that history has been told  whoever plants the flag at the fortress takes control of the island, in that case, "I claim this island as my own and name it Kevlardom"
"By the power of fortress Kevlar, I HAVE THE POWER!"


Here is the bench where i talk to Forrest. No not the trees and flowers i mean Forrest Gump. We sit a chat about his mom. boxes of chocolates, shrimps, blah blah blah, same conversation every bloody time. Nice guy though.


Now this lamp post in the middle of the Forest in the fortress is of great importance. This is where i meet Mr. Tumnus. He's a terrible time keeper. always got some excuse, caught by an evil queen, been turned to stone. Come on Mr. Tumnus just tell the truth, you overslept.


Well folks now I have my camera again in can start to take pics of customers on their last nights for the website.

Another 2 and half hours have flown by while i write this so its shower and washing to be done.

Until next week........

Serve All, Love All, Peace All, Kevlar Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment