Monday 11 August 2014

OCEANIC, SEASON 8, EPISODE 9 "When evil rears up its ugly head"

Well howdy doody yaa'lll! How we all diddling today? Its August, which means the Italian and Greek invasion, uuugggghhhhhhh! Shoot me now. The roads are manic now and already had three near misses of being hit off my bike by two Italian plated vehicles who have gone through stop signs and a mainland Greek plated car that went through a red light. This is why i try not to leave the house if possible during August, absolute idiots.

Lets start as always with the bar update. Well July followed in the same trend as May and June with becoming my best July since i opened. August agggghghhhhhh! I so hate August as its always my quietest month but in saying that i was still full at some point every night as the picture shows which was taken on the 6th of Aug but from the 7th it has gone to being like mid Oct, empty then all of a sudden a mad rush of people then empty again, God knows whats going on, very strange August indeed. Still, lets take a positive from it, I'm still hitting my target which is great, in fact not missed a target since my first week open in 2007 which I'm very proud of but again its down to you my wonderful customers for helping me to hit those targets so i thank each and every one of you so so much who have visited Oceanic.

2 weeks ago for the first time ever in the history of Oceanic bar i went a whole night without serving a lager, bitter, Guinness or any bottled product . It was just Cocktails or Spirit and mixers, i was amazed and that was on a full night, never known it ever before.


I have had the guys from Virtual Zakynthos come in to re-new my page on their website and they took a 360deg pic of the bar and as a favour they took a panoramic pic of inside the bar. For those of you who haven't seen the bars web page on the site here's the link for you to click on. When on street view click on Oceanic and you can go inside. Then get yourself an alcoholic drink, keep it on your screen and imagine your sat in the bar while outside your house its chucking it down LOL.

 http://www.virtualzakynthos.gr/kalamaki/bars-clubs/oceanic.html


As you know from my previous update myself and little Kevin went to the Grand Mabely 5* hotel and inside they had this wooden carved Cruiser which i thought was great, in fact it looks that good i bet it even goes faster than my cruisers, ha.


Also from the same hotel as i rode in there was a grand set of gates, huge gardens, wonderful marble frontage with many flags of all nationalities flying and parked close to the front entrance this heap of junk. Yeah great first impression as you enter a 5* exclusive hotel. At least get the owner to put a cover over it to make it look like there is an expensive car under it.


This poster is all over the island but when did Pavarotti and Englebert Humperdink get together for jiggy jiggy and create a kid? Surely this is a medical miracle, why weren't we told of this.


Its Lidl time. Went for a nose around Lidl the other week. All crap, so walked out empty handed but it was British week, with things such as Cod and Chips, Jam, Yoghurt's, Steak Pies and Schnitzels. Wo Wo Wo, when was Schnitzel a British food? I remember someone a few months ago asking on a website for Zakynthos about where they could eat British food, 2 people had replied with Macdonalds and Taj Mahal restaurant. Forgive me if I'm wrong but Macdonalds is American and Taj Mahal restaurant is Indian. Is this because now Britain has lost its empire were claiming other countries foods as our own? You better lay off the welsh Cockles and Lavabread, thats just for us Welsh, You listening Britain LOL.

This is the advert for British week in Lidl, Big Ben, London Bus, A Guard and yes your seeing it, RAIN! That's what other countries see as British, we're more known for rain than anything else.


Wow, what a bargain, 1€ for six frankfurter sausages. The only problem is these sausages had the least amount of sausage content I've ever had from a sausage. Hmmm, haven't seen my neighbours cat for a few weeks now LOL.

We had Marathons becoming Snickers, we had Jif becoming Cif, we had Michael Jackson becoming Latoya Jackson and now Surf washing pouches in the UK is called Omo over here. Now I'm all for changing names for the better but OMO, Really?


My friends Leigh and Rachel on leaving after their last visit left me with some lemons for my bar. But BLOODY HELL, these lemons were on steroids. Absolutely huge. So huge that one was almost the size of my head.

They say somewhere in the world everyone has a twin, I've found mine. Can you spot which ones me?


Would you like some Vodka with your lemon.


My lovely lovely customers have been keeping me stocked up with my lovely crumpets, muffins, black and white pudding. So much so it looks like the drug seizure picture you see on programmes like "Nothing to Declare". I am out of Frosted Shreddies though, just a hint LOL. Kevin, move away from the food.


Due to Kevin not listening to me and munching through one of my white puddings its off to the mad axe mans shack with you. He did refuse at first but when i told him its either check out the shack or wash my socks, he chose the shack. Wise move little Kev. I armed HIM with a new serrated knife and waved him goodbye. I gave him a phone to take with him to send back pics along the way.


This was the first selfie Kevin sent me as he arrived at the shack. As you can see the door is now open to the left of the building which was previously closed. Kevin buddy, take care, remember all kyokushinkai martial arts training i gave you.


Kevin the brave warrior enters the void. He's either the most heroic minion i know or he's a complete idiot, i think the latter. OH NO, KEVIN, YOU FORGOT YOUR KNIFE, KEVINNNNNNNN!


That's the last I've seen of him 3 days ago. Has evil reared up its ugly head again? If he doesn't make it back by the 7th day i fear the worst and will have to go in myself to either save him or recover his body. I wait with hope, well would you want to go in there? So i hope he turns up, if not, BUGGER!

Well the past couple of weeks i've been having lovely relaxing afternoons, just laying around, watching a bit of tv but generally just enjoying some quality time. Its at times like this that i need a boost to perk me up as all work can make you pretty exhausted, so ive been enjoying my afternoons lately. Be glad when Sept comes around and the roads are quieter, temp has dropped and can get out around the island on bike again.

Well my blog followers its time to sign off for now, everybody please pray for little Kevin, cause if you don't i have to go in and save the little blighter. So you better all be praying, I SAID PRAY DAMN YOU, LOL.

Until next week,

Serve All, Love All, Peace All, Kevlar Out!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being a fab host - maybe next year we can tempt you to keep the girls ??!!!! Have to say, l may be converted to Cosmopolitans instead of my usual Ace of Spades but they're both damn good !!

    ReplyDelete